Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth...

Celebrate America by blowing up a small piece of it!

To recap the last weekish:

Sunday the 25th was a nice JDRF ride and cookout from Coach Mike's house. We did a comfortable 42 miles or so south of Holland, including a couple of decent hills, and then chowed hearty on grilled chicked fajita wrap things, chips and dips and salsas, and all whatnot. Good stuff.

Monday I still had my bike in the car, so I did my 26 mile Stonehenge loop from work (scroll down to see the 'henge that someone built in their yard). It's a nice mix of flats and hills, and a Neolithic replica never fails to be interesting.

Thursday was the group ride; before setting out, I had my rear tire replaced as I'd found a lot of cuts in the tread. Naturally, not 5 miles into the ride, I picked up a little piece of metal and flatted the new tire. D'oh! Tim got my new tube installed nice and quick, and we were on our way, though the rhythm was gone and the ride ended up being relatively slow with a 20.3 average or so.

Saturday I dodged raindrops down to North Muskegon and back for a 35ish mile ride at a nice quick clip. Rah.

And finally, this morning, I dragged my carcass out of bed at 5:40 and joined the Rock N' Road group for the Breakfast Canadian Century. The weather was great and starting at 7 the roads were largely deserted, so it was a really nice ride despite getting pretty dropped from the A-ish group after only 25 miles or so. Breakfast was at Murphy's in Allendale; they had a nice buffet for $6. The challenge, of course, is to not eat so much that you can't keep a tolerable pace for the last 28 miles back to Grand Haven. The french toast sticks and fruit salad hit the spot, and the ride back was comfortable.

Now, off to Twin Lake to watch the fireworks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home