Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hey, here I am, yo

OK, let's declare the 2007 season open - spring starts at 8:07 p.m. tonight, and the weather is pretty much as it should be. Ruby has been beckoning me alluringly from her winter rack - not too much longer and we'll be out exploring.

This year features a new, uh, feature - Herman Miller is officially the team sponsor for the whole West Michigan team, AND is sending 20 riders to Whitefish, Montana in late August. Among that crew will be Diane A. from the last two years' rides, Rod S. from the 2005 Asheville ride, our CEO, me, and, best of all, a bunch of people who haven't done it before. We had our first team meeting today to brainstorm fundraising ideas - the fundraising requirement has been upped to $4000 this year, and the ride is two months earlier than it was last year, so it's time to get crackin'.

I'm pretty pleased to be headed to a new ride - that'll be all three major locations for me, so I can compare and contrast. I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed to not be going to Death Valley with the rest of the team, but last year I was disappointed to not be going to Asheville, so experience tells me to shaddap and enjoy the upcoming event.

Somewhere in the midst of all this I have to fit in getting more kitchen cabinets made, and make sure the wife's got plenty of time for running. And to sorta keep the house up. And to not neglect The Boy! He's been hankerin' to get on his little bike, and I'm looking forward to getting him back on the trailer bike, maybe for some of our team rides. Hopefully I'll be somewhat more verbose on this thing, too. People who can blog about anything boggle my quiet little mind.

did

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home